WBW Surveyors is committed to ensuring any personal information that we hold is protected in line with current UK legislation. This privacy notice explains how, when and why we collect your personal information and how we use and protect it.
2. Information we collect
In order to provide you with the service you have requested we will collect personal information from you to use for business purposes. The information typically could include:
– Photographic identification and Proof of Residence
– Name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you.
– Name, address and contact details of any appointed professional where relevant (e.g. Solicitor; Farm Secretary; Accountant etc.)
– Your future communication preferences
– Additional information provided will also be retained
3. Why we collect the information and how we use it
We use the information collected to provide you with the service you have requested. In certain circumstances we may need to share your information with third parties who are involved in the delivery of our services in order to fulfil our obligations to you. These may include suppliers, contractors, credit referencing agencies and any selected third party who we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our contractual terms with you.
– If the business is sold or integrated, your personal information will be transferred to a third party e.g. the buyer, but only to the extent required and in accordance with data protections legislation.
– We will share personal information with our regulators and government organisations, law enforcement authorities and with courts, tribunals and arbitrators as required and in order to comply with our regulatory and legal obligations.
– We may use third parties services to process personal information on our behalf for example IT providers and contractors as well as referencing companies.
– Your personal information may be shared with any person working for WBW Surveyors Ltd where necessary to ensure we are able to perform our obligations to you.
– Your personal information will be held on our client management systems and we may use this to provide you with relevant information about similar services we offer. You have the option to opt out of receiving this information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Securely holding information
WBW Surveyors Ltd take security and privacy of your personal information seriously and have measures in places to prevent unauthorised access.
– Your files are held on our client management systems which are stored on our secure server. Access is restricted to those within the business who require access for legitimate business purposes.
– Hard copy files are stored in locked premises.
5. How long we keep your information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as legally required and necessary, dependent upon the type of service we have provided to you. This may be greater than the period in which we are providing the service to you in certain circumstances where we have statutory or regulatory obligations.
6. Your Rights
- The right to be informed about the information we collect, hold and how we use it.
- The right of access to your personal information.
- The right to rectification in order to remove or update inaccurate personal information.
- The right to erasure and to be forgotten. In certain circumstances, such as for legal reasons, this may not be possible.
- The right to restrict processing and for us to only store and not process your personal information. Again this may not be possible in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability to allow your information to be reused, moved, copied or transferred for your own proposes across difference services.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, not to be subject to automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
7. Contact Details and Complaints
For any complaints regarding the use of your personal information please contact our Complaints Handler Adam Winthrop at email@example.com who will work to resolve the matter. If we are unable to resolve the matter and you wish to make an external complaint then you have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit certain websites and allows a website to recognise a user’s computer. They are used to assist you in navigating through the site and they obtain information as to how you use the site, pages you have visited and allow website providers to personalise your experience on repeat visits to the site. The majority of web browsers allow you to block or restrict cookies but please note this may affect the functionality of the websites you visit.
Our website uses the following cookies.
- WordPress session cookies – these are used to remember logged in users such our site administrators as well as to store information about property search results. This cookie expires once your website session ends.
- Propertyhive_shortlist cookie – this is used to keep a record properties that have been added to your Favourite Property list. This cookie has an expiry time of one week.
If you do not want our website to store information in cookies you will need to alter your browser settings.